At ‘The Cottage in the Wood’ we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains what happens to any personal data that you provide to us, or that we collect from you. This Policy is updated from time to time. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.thecottageinthewood.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation, 2018 (GDPR), the data controller is ‘The Cottage in the Wood’ of Whinlatter Pass, Braithwaite, Keswick CA12 5TW.
Information that we collect from you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.thecottageinthewood.co.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. (This includes information you provide via our online booking page, purchasing gift vouchers, participation in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information).
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use a third party to make a booking or purchase a gift voucher via our website.
- Use of your information. We will hold your information securely and use it only in compliance with the applicable current data protection laws. We may use the information for the following purposes:
– to provide you with information requested from us, relating to our services.
– to meet our contractual commitments to you.
– to notify you of any changes that may affect our service
– As a previous or existing customer, we may contact you with information about services
you have expressed an interest in. These messages can be stopped at any time by following the opt out links on any marketing message sent to you or by emailing us at any time.
- Disclosure of your information. The only parties we may share your personal information with are:
– Our employees who process the information provided by you for the purpose for which it was made available.
– Service providers who provide IT and system administration services
– With trusted third party agencies who process data on our behalf for us to comply with the law e.g book-keeping and accountancy to fulfil HMRC requirements.
– We will not share or distribute information provided by you, unless required by law, without your consent. We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
- Security of your data: We maintain technical, administrative and physical security measures designed to protect your information.
- Data retention: We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. This includes any accounting, legal or reporting requirements. NB: for tax purposes we are required to retain basic information about our guests for six years including contact, financial and transaction data.
In some instances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes e.g. Occupancy surveys.
Your rights to access, rectification and erasure: In certain circumstances you have rights under data protection laws including:
– the right to be informed;
– the right of access;
– the right to rectification;
– the right to erasure;
– the right to restrict processing;
– the right to object;
– the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
For more information about these rights please see the Information Commissioners Office www.ico.org.uk
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please email us at [email protected] We will endeavour to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. If your request is particularly complex it may take us longer. We will notify you and keep you updated.
- Third party links: This website may include links to third-party websites. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy policies.
- Changes to our Policy: This policy is reviewed periodically. Any changes will be posted on this page. Policy changes will apply to information collected after the change. This policy was last modified on 22.05.18.
- Contacting us: We welcome your comments, questions or concerns about privacy. Please do contact us at [email protected]